The use of the Services constitutes consent to be bound by the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with the privacy practices detailed hereto, please avoid using the Services.
“Applicable Laws” means the GDPR and any other privacy and data protection or other laws applicable to the Services, as amended from time to time.
“Data Subject” means a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by the Personal Data processed about him/her.
“GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as amended from time to time.
“Personal Data” means details which identify you or could be used to identify you, such as IP address etc.
“Non-Personal Data” means information that does not personally identify you and does not reveal your specific identity as an individual and/or cannot be attributed to you, such as operation system name and version, browser name and version, device name and version.
“Services” means our proprietary software application which is an extension to widely used browsers (mainly Chrome and Firefox) which enables searches and other functions, as defined in our Terms and Conditions at https://www.convertopdf.com/terms.
“User” means a person who has downloaded our Services and by doing so has agreed to our Terms and Conditions.
This Policy was originally written in English. If you are reading a translation and it conflicts with the English version, please note that the English version prevails.
3. THE PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
- 3.1. Personal Data we collect: when you use our Services, we collect the following Personal Data: Internet Protocol (IP) address; and Globally Unique Identifier (GUID). This information is required for the communication between your device and our Services. We collect this information in order to enable you to use the Services.
Purposes: We collect this information for additional purposes, as follows:
- • to provide and operate the Services;
- • To ensure the proper functioning of our Services and to detect, debug and repair any issues in our Services;
- • To prevent security breaches and abuse of your Services.
- • to disclose to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf with respect to the Services;
- • to provide on-going customer assistance, technical support and maintain the Services;
- • to provide service announcements and notices, promotional messages and market the our services;
Development and improvement purposes:
- • to monitor and analyze how Users interact with our Services in order to improve and enhance the Services;
- • to create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-Personal Data, which we or our business partners may use to provide and further develop, customize and improve our Services based on Users’ preferences, experiences and difficulties;
- • Furthermore, we process this information for the purpose of auditing and tracking usage statistics and traffic flow, detecting fraud, security or technical issues;
- • to communicate with you and contact you to obtain feedback from you regarding the Services;
- e) as otherwise authorized by you.
- f) We may receive your email address if you provided it to us when you contact us for support. We delete such emails periodically.
- a) Functional purposes:
4. NON PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT OR GENERATE
We may collect Non-Personal Data in the following ways:
- 4.1. The ways we collect Personal Data.
- 4.3. We use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information, which may be based on extracts of your Personal Data, for legitimate business purposes including for testing, development, improvement, control and operation of the Services.
5. THE LEGAL BASIS FOR USE OF INFORMATION
5.1. Where the GDPR applies, we will only process your Personal Data where we have a legal basis under the GDPR to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons we collected and need to use your Personal Data. In almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- a) To provide the Services and otherwise perform our agreement we have with you. For example, we may process Personal Data if it is required in order to take steps to enter into an agreement with you.
- b) Because you consented to us using the Personal Data for a particular purpose. For example, actively agreed to us sending you marketing information.
- c) For our legitimate business purposes. For example, we collect Personal Data in order to check for fraudulent traffic sources.
- d) To comply with a legal obligation we are subject to. For example, we may be required to process your Personal Data upon request of a governmental authority.
- 5.2. In other jurisdictions, we process Personal Data on the applicable legal grounds under Applicable Laws.
6. SHARING INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
- 6.1. We do not sell, rent or lease your Personal Data. We may share your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data with service providers and other third parties, if necessary to fulfil the purposes for collecting and processing the information, such as cloud vendors, subcontractors who we engage to assist us in the provision of the Services.
- 6.2. Additionally, a merger, acquisition or any other structural change may require us to transfer your Personal Data to another entity, provided that the receiving entity will comply with this Policy.
- 6.3. We may need to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities or law enforcement officials, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law.
- 6.4. We may use automated applications, including cookies, to evaluate usage of our Services, which may be provided by third parties. We use these third party to help us improve our Services, performance and user experience. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected from other sources, subject to their own privacy policies. For more information, please see Section 11 “Cookies” below.
6.5. We may use the following third party providers and you may learn more about their privacy practices by reviewing their privacy policies:
- a) Yahoo (Oath): https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/index.html. Please note that Users can replace our new tab anytime they want.
- b) Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
7. TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE YOUR TERRITORY
7.1. We may store, process or maintain information in various sites worldwide, including through cloud based service providers worldwide. Where the GDPR applies and we transfer Personal Data to another country outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements. In relation to data being transferred outside of the EEA, for example, this may be done in one of the following ways:
- a) the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for Personal Data;
- b) the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Data;
- c) where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
- d) in other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA.
- 7.2. If you require more information on the transfer of Personal Data please contact us as described the Section “CONTACT US” below.
- 7.3. If you are located in a jurisdiction where transfer of your Personal Data to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you provide us your express and unambiguous consent to such transfer or the storage, processing or maintenance of the information in other jurisdictions by using the service.
- 8.1. A cookie is a small data file stored on your browser or device for record-keeping purposes.
- 8.2. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. When you access or use our Services, we use industry-standard technologies such as “cookies”, to keep track of the settings users have selected and actions they have taken on our Services. Cookies store certain information on the browser or hard drive of your device (“Local Storage”) and allow us to improve your user experience and other capabilities on our Services, monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Services, and ensure our Services are secure and safe to use.
- 8.3. Most devices and browsers will allow you to erase cookies, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that unless you block the acceptance of cookies, the Services will utilize cookies upon your use of the Services (unless it is required by Applicable Laws to provide a separate consent to use such cookies, and in which case We will use such cookies only after we receive your separate consent to such use and subject to your right to withdraw such consent at any time).
- 8.5. If you would like to reject third-party cookies, please configure your browser's setting accordingly. For more information on how to manage your cookie preferences please see: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- 8.6. From time to time, we may use additional or alternative analytics services. We will provide a notice of these changes on our Services.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
- 9.1. In all of the above cases in which we collect, use or store your Personal Data, you may have the following rights and, in most cases, you can exercise them free of charge.
- 9.2. At any time, you may contact us at: email@example.com and request to know what Personal Data we keep about you. We will make good-faith efforts to locate the data that you request to access.
- 9.3. Under your rights of access, you may obtain confirmation from us of whether we are processing Personal Data related to you, receive a copy of that data, so that you could verify its accuracy and the lawfulness of its processing, request the correction, amendment or deletion of the data if it is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated.
- 9.4. However, we may retain certain information as deemed required by us in accordance with applicable laws, or for legitimate business reasons, for the duration as required under applicable laws.
- 9.5. When you ask us to exercise any of your rights under this Policy and the applicable law, we may need to ask you to provide us certain credentials to make sure that you are who you claim you are, to avoid disclosure to you of Personal Data related to others and to ask you questions to better understand the nature and scope of data that you request to access.
- 9.6. We may redact from the data which we will make available to you, any Personal Data related to others. In addition, we may delete any Personal Data pursuant to our policies, as in effect from time to time.
10. INFORMATION SECURITY
- 10.1. We take the safeguarding of the Personal Data we process seriously, and take measures protect the information from loss, theft, damage or unauthorized use or access when it is in our possession or control, including reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures which restrict access to the information. These measures provide sound industry standard security. However, although we make efforts to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee that the Services will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
- 10.2. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to Personal Data stored on your premises as well as defining limited access rights to such information on a need to know basis.
- 10.3. If you receive an e-mail asking you to update your information with respect to the Services, do not reply and please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. DATA RETENTION
- 11.1. We retain different types of information for different periods, depending on the purposes for processing the information, our legitimate business purposes as well as pursuant to legal requirements under Applicable Laws.
- 11.2. We may retain Personal Data for as long as necessary to support the collection and the use purposes of this Policy and for other legitimate business purposes, For example, for storing information for documentation, for managing internet security for legal proceeding and for text purposes.
- 11.3. We may store Non-Personal aggregate information without time limit. In any event as long as you use the services, we will retain information about you and your users, unless we are legally required to delete it, or if you seek to exercise your rights to delete the information.
12. OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
Our Services are intended for general audiences over the age of 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 years old. IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD, DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
From time to time, Aztec Media may revise this Policy. Aztec Media will post the revised Policy on the channels we normally communicate with Users. Your continued use of the Services following such notice shall constitute your consent to any changes made and a waiver of any claim or demand in relation to such changes. If you do not agree to the new or different terms, you should not use and are free to discontinue using the Services.
14. APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
15. CONTACT US
For further information about this Policy, please contact us at: email@example.com. We work hard to handle your information responsibly. If you are unhappy about the way we do this, please contact us and we will make good-faith efforts to address your concerns.
Copyright © 2020, Aztec Media Inc. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: May 07, 2020